Thursday 12 March 2015

C25K GRADUATION - WEEKS 6-9

I really did mean to post weeks 6&7 together but kind of forgot so here you are, a month's worth of run diaries. Today I completed the c25k programme and I genuinely don't think I've ever been more proud of myself. To think this started because I joked about doing the Great North Run and now I'm starting training to hopefully take part next year. Incredible.


W6R1 - 14/02
5 MIN WARM UP WALK, 5 MIN RUN, 3 MIN WALK, 8 MIN RUN, 3 MIN WALK, 5 MIN RUN, 5 MIN COOL DOWN WALK

I know everyone on the HealthUnlocked forum warns you about W6R1 being awful but man I didn't think it would be this bad. How is it possible that I ran for 20 minutes straight not 48 hours ago and now 5 minute intervals killed me? I think I was going faster though. Intervals are hard because you end up dreading the next one whereas with the non stop you just know it's one big interval and when you start walking again you don't have to summon the energy to run. I'm glad I didn't stop though, I kept pushing even though my legs hurt. Need to do some stretching asap.

W6R2 - 17/02
5 MIN WARM UP WALK, 10 MIN RUN, 3 MIN WALK, 10 MIN RUN, 5 MIN COOL DOWN WALK

I hate hate hate intervals. Went out in the rain and the run itself was nice but knowing there are chunks makes it more difficult somehow? I miss week 5. Although no this was the last one ever with stops! YAY

W6R3 - 19/02
5 MIN WARM UP WALK, 25 MIN RUN, 5 MIN COOL DOWN WALK

25 minutes non stop babyyyyy! Oh man this was so much better. Intervals are definitely harder. So proud of myself for not stopping and getting to week 6. Happy days, onto week 7!

WEEK 7 - 5 MIN WARM UP WALK, 25 MIN RUN, 5 MIN COOL DOWN WALK

W7R1 - 22/02

Another 25 mins woohoo. I found today difficult. Beach was full of people so I had to weave and stop and sprint and it was very uneven. Also I went way too fast at the beginning and spent the rest of the run trying to catch my breath back but I never stopped and I'm v proud of myself. Laura (app voice) suggested changing my route but I have no idea where to go but the beach. Idk I'm sure I'll be fine. 8 runs left of c25k whaaaaat.

W7R2 - 24/02

Did my first evening run and didn't think it would go well at all... I felt awful, I'd recently fallen down (cos I'm an eejit) and snapped my toe, then when I went out it was too cold and dark and I needed a wee the entire time but I did it and it was my fastest time yet so yay!

W7R3 - 26/02

Final run of week 7 what the effff. Once again made a new fastest time record! So so proud. I have discovered the secret: if you feel like you're going to die whilst you're running then it's probably going well. 28 minutes next week!

WEEK 8 - 5 MIN WARM UP WALK, 28 MIN RUN, 5 MIN COOL DOWN WALK

W8R1 - 28/02

Lovely lovely run, the beach smelled like sun cream which was so so fab. I love the sun. It still felt like I might die but I managed the step up to 28 minutes fine and went over 4k which was great. I am proud of me.

W8R2 - 03/03

I was looking forward to running in the sun today so obviously the sun went in. I went slower than normal which meant I didn't have 10 minutes run/walking like normal but it made my average speeds lower so booo. A fly flew into my mouth whilst I was running which was not pleasant.

W8R3 - 05/03

Oh God my legs hurt. I like running in the sun smelling like sun cream. Went a bit slower than usual againe but also did my longest distance ever so swings and roundabouts. Endurance not speed innit. ONE MORE WEEK.

WEEK 9 - 5 MIN WARM UP WALK, 30 MIN RUN, 5 MIN COOL DOWN WALK

W9R1 - 07/03

How am I on week 9? How is that a thing? I dislike running on Saturdays because of all the people but the sun is fab. I JUST RAN 30 MINUTES STRAIGHT WHAT IS LIFE???

W9R2 - 10/03

Today I skipped my lecture and went running instead and felt super glorious. This is so so so hard and so much fun. I genuinely look forward to running like who am i?

W9R3 - 12/03 (GRADUATION RUN)

I can now run for half an hour and it took less than two months. I am so so so proud of myself, like even more proud than of my year without coke. It really feels like I've achieved something. Today's run was hard on my legs but that's what made graduating from the programme even better. I'M SO HAPPY.



Gonna go now before I cry, I'm too emosh.
Hasta luego. 




No comments:

Post a Comment